Welcome back to This is India! I always have funny/weird stories about India to share with friends or family when I talk to them. This is just meant to be an honest portrayal about my life in India through short anecdotes. I also share here what I’ve been up to online outside Hippie in Heels.
What I was up to other than here:
- Nothing too crazy going on. We’ve got our flights sorted for Singapore. We’re going there to see his friend Dom get married which I think I mentioned before. I’m going to be reviewing a flight for Singapore Air who I’m working with on a project, so I’m excited about that! I’ve never flown with them.
- I have been writing a lot for Bravo lately, and wanted to share this piece about the Olympic torch (which has it’s own twitter!). I was researching it to write this article and learned something interesting. Although the olympics have been going on since BC, the torch relay is only 80 years old. It was invented by Hitler’s people during the 36 Berlin Olympics – they wanted the torch to tour German cities to spread their propaganda to their people. This was the Olympics Jesse Owens won a bunch of medals. I just finished reading Boys in the Boat not too long ago which was about the US rowing team over there at that time. I find it all so interesting! If it interests you check out the book as it kind of tells about Berlin using the Olympics for their own gain. If it doesn’t interest you, don’t bother with the book as it’s really long and SO detailed about history.
- I wrote a little tid-bit about where I’d take my mom on a vacation for mother’s day which is being featured in the Huffington Post Sunday. You can see the original piece here. Happy mother’s day mom!
Now your story,
Attention: New car repair shop, Assagao!!
Ben and Babu are now the fine owners of a car repair shop. They have repaired one car, ours, and for a small fee can repair yours too.
Things they can do:
- Hide your rust with gooey stuff so that you pass car inspection
- Sand your car with sandpaper
- Spray paint the car… the whole car, windshield wipers, bumpers, and all.
- Offer those passing by “time passing” as they can watch this masterpiece free of charge!
- Awesome Bollywood jams
- A chance of seeing the python who lives in our garden
- Payment accepted in Rs. or Beer.
In all seriousness, our car is up for inspection and there is 0% chance the body of the Omni would have passed this year. Repairs are finished, but we haven’t had inspection.. I’ll let you know if we pass!
This is India!
Did you enjoy this post? Let me know in the comments or by sharing it with the social media links! I’d love to keep giving you travel tricks & tips so feel free to subscribe by e-mail in the big purple box below. Don’t forget you can follow me on facebook, twitter, instagram & bloglovin‘.
Join my email list and get exclusive updates & news straight to your inbox.
I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.
You have Successfully Subscribed!