I am just addicted to massage. I mean, I give Thai massages, but usually after I give one I tell people OMG I need one myself now. In India they aren’t that expensive so you could get one for $10 bucks & weekly if you felt like it.
In Maui they are a little more expensive, but I knew I wanted to try their style. I love trying different styles when I travel, like the Indian Ayurvedic, the Balinese, or yoga massage. I even have a salon and spa link on my blog dashboard. When I came out to Maui, a few hotels invited me to try their spa and there’s no chance in hell I was going to pass that up. I scheduled them immediately! This is possibly the #1 perk of being a travel blogger.
There are all big luxury hotels and resorts that have highly ranked spas in Hawaii. You can choose from any and you won’t be let down, I know it’s a lot of money to spend- if you want to budget for only one on your trip to Maui, you can take a peak at these three and see if one suits you. Originally, I was going to tell you the pros and cons, but honestly there weren’t any cons so I’m just going to share about the different styles I tried.
1. Montage Kapalua Bay
The Montage is ranked the #1 spa in America! It did not disappoint and even more than that, it was THE best massage I have ever had in my life. I got the “body bliss”. It was hot stone but she added some traditional lomi lomi (Hawaiian with long strokes by their forearm, very stretching).
I was sore from surfing and she was a magician. It was like she could read my mind, that wonderful Norwegian Dutch woman! I bet you could request her but I don’t know name.. maybe nationality will help :) If you have never had a hot stone massage, I highly suggest this one.
- You can pick your oil scent from Hawaiian smells (coconut for me!)
- The resort is incredible and you can use spa all day
- They use like Egyptain cotton sheets and the softest pillows under your legs and do part of that massage with your head raised.
- Neck-stretching.. whatever it is, was amazing.
- There’s a sauna, steam room, shower waterfall, cafe, gym and more!
- They have the the Mauka to Makai (mountain to sea) experience were you can pick where you’d like your massage. I had mine outside and it was to die for.
To contact you can check the website: Montage Kapalua Bay or call 808.665.8282.
2. Westin Maui Resort & Spa
You get to walk past flamingos on your way into this spa! I got the “Heavenly massage” for 50 minutes which just flew by. It was very relaxing, calming, and used heat.
I also got a facial here which was just the coolest thing ever. It’s a machine that just sucks out all your blackheads instead of the therapist having to scrape them out. Painless and works better plus they do all the other stuff like cleansing and exfoliation but in only 25 minutes. My face was radiant after! But, do NOT go with a sunburn or they can’t do it. As the website states it “stimulates the fibroblasts to produce more broad spectrum collagen/elastin proteins”.
- They have you pick a stone with special wording to focus on during massage. I chose grattitude since I was already feeling very grateful.
- they are the only ones in Maui with the Hyra-facial (and if you book online you get a discount).
- They give you chocolate after, hellz ya!
- The spa makes their own lotion products, called Hualani a pineapple and passion fruit scent. Yum, I even got some to take home and love the sugar body polish.
“Hualani, meaning “Heavenly Fruit” in Hawaiian language, was designed using locally-grown pineapples and passion fruit as well as the moisturizing oils from macadamia nut, coconut and kukui nut.”
- You can use the steam room, sauna, showers, whirlpool and such all day.
- AMAZING views and during season you can whale watch from here.
To contact you can check the website: Heavenly Spa by Westin or call 808.661.2588.
You know nothing can be bad at the Ritz ;) Here I got a plain Lomi-lomi massage which ended up having hot stones too, which I may now be addicted to. There are all these add-ons you can do for just $25 bucks to amp up your massage as well.
- Get there early and enjoy the amenities: food, snacks, cucumber for your eyes or drink, hot tub, sauna and spa.
- Kick-ass robes! no joke
- You pick a saying at the end in Hawaiian and they tell you what it means.
- Choose from 5 different lotion scents
- The steam room has such intense Eucalyptus I felt like a new person when I got out.
To contact you can check the website: Ritz Spa
Join my email list and get exclusive updates & news straight to your inbox.
I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.
You must have been totally blissed out the whole trip! Looks and sounds amazing.
I’m going to totally nerd out here, but I almost died when I read that line: “stimulates the fibroblasts to produce more broad spectrum collagen/elastin proteins.” I kid you not, that is what my research lab studies. We use fibroblasts and condition them in bioreactors to make tissue engineered heart valves and arteries. Not exactly facials, but still fun to read that line on your blog!
Ok, done nerding out now. :)
lol, I love when people nerd out so that’s a-ok! Sounds like you’re doing some really cool work :)
I’m also addicted to massage and live on Maui but I haven’t tried those places. They look amazing! I had one of the best massages of my life at the Leela Palace in Chennai earlier in the year – their spa is incredible!
How does the hotel invite you to try their spa? I mean do you let them know you’re coming? That’s so cool!!! :)
Oh you have to try one!!!!! & they reached out because I was working with the tourism board at the time so some hotels were aware I was in town :)
Nice! I will have to try the Ritz ;)
That’s what I call living! That spa day is total bliss. Your own private hot tub, facial, lotions, and body rubs. That’s every girl’s dream come true… The smoothie looked kind of good. What flavor was it?
Great post! Thank you for sharing this. I like your post. All the images are perfect. Hope to try it soon!
These pictures are incredible! It started snowing here in Utah today, so I am definitely dreaming of a vacation right about now. I really like the description you shared of the different spas, and how you can use the facilities at the Westin all day long. That reminds me a lot of the spa at the Grand Floridian at Disney World!
OOo Disney World! I would love to go back there :)
Wow! great to read this… more beautiful places with relaxing ambiance. Thanks for the post..
That is the thing that I call living! That spa day is all out happiness. Your own private hot tub, facial, creams, and body rubs. That is each young lady’s blessing from heaven… The smoothie looked sort of good. What flavor would it say.