I recently spent 10 days in and around Orlando and Central Florida (Space Coast, Winter Haven, West Palm Beach, Palm Beach) and needed a wide variety of clothes. I was set to visit amusement parks like Disney, safaris, Zoos, waterparks, nice restaurants, a couple very nice resorts, fancy Palm beach shops, and more! I needed such a wide variety of clothes and shoes on this one, I created a packing list.
Packing list for Orlando & Palm Beach
I took my new IT luggage and it was fantastic on this trip. It was the medium size luggage in a three piece kit and ended up being exactly the correct size. I also took packing cubes for the first time which made such a difference in organization, especially since I switched hotels four times which is a lot of packing and unpacking.
I took a new carry-on and purse as well which were great on this trip so I’ll tell you more detail about those as well later on. First let’s see what was inside!
So, that is the extent of my toiletries. I took my Stowaway travel sized make-up which I’ve written a detailed review about and will share next week. You can see the rest of what I took above. I stuffed it all in my LeSportsac toiletry bag. I even took my Zoya polish I got for my birthday and the one thing you can’t forget when you go to Florida- a Sun Bum face stick! Also, I don’t go anywhere without Clinique moisture surge– it’s the bomb. You don’t need to take full size shampoo and such but I didn’t have time to get travel size and had room, so took it.
I am so in love with packing cubes. Look how organized they kept everything! It’s fantastic for someone as OCD as me. So here’s what’s in the piles above and some similar suggestions:
- 1 pair of jeans, 1 pair of shorts (never wore the jeans)
- 4 fancy cute dresses
- 3 tank tops
- 5 laid back dresses
- 2 rompers (these were the best)
- 1 sweater (for flights) from Dolly Boutique
- 1 turkish towel (so good for travel, used it a lot on this trip)
- 2 bikinis (the navy is L*space)
I put my jewelry into the cute little tribal bag which I always carry in my carry-on bag, I never check it!
- The tribal bag, towel, and the portable charger & passport cover below are from Girl Around World.
- The jewelry is a mix of my Etsy faves (I am so into gold trends right now)
- Missoma London who I’m so in love with lately and wear everyday (the bracelet and the ring with the bar and small diamond)
- Black beaded jewelry which is from Cocobelle
- I also packed my new Taylor Morris blue lens/tortoise-framed sunnies!
Of course you need a variety of shoes! Here’s what I took:
- Ipanema flip flops for the waterparks, pool, and beach
- Artemisia sandals (the tan leather) for evenings
- Reef tennies for the parks and long walking (similar here)
- Teva (the blue sandals) which are SUCH comfortable walking shoes (similar here or here)
Here’s my electronics which of course go in my carry-on bag. I have the following:
- My new Macbook Pro retina
- Passports (yes I carry two for visa reasons, which I didn’t even need lol so not used to flying domestic!)
- Portable charger
- Kindle (cannot believe I ever lived without one)
- Business cards
- Charging cords
- a US SIM. I went with a 60 day unlimited SIM from Telaway. I ordered it to my house from online. It was as simple as putting it in and bam, it worked.
Lo & Sons Review
Lastly, I got it all organized and packed up! I used my Lo & Sons carry-on which compartmentalizes everything perfectly for me. I also took my Lo & Sons black purse which was great for this trip because it looks very upscale but it is also very lightweight and was good for the amusement parts. The compartments in the purse helping me stay organized when I had to take my camera, portable chargers, phone, and more when I would go out in Florida as I was there for work and needed to take lots of photos and notes.
I had space hidden in the bottom, so what to do? Add more shoes! LOL and why not!? You can’t take too many shoes ;)
- UGGS tennies
- Solillas sandals (will not stay white for long in India though! I have the black ones in Goa)
The best bit about the carry-on is that it can slide onto your luggage once you’ve got everything packed and makes for such easy gliding around the airport. It’s nice not to have to either roll two bags (if your carry-on is a rolling bag) or lug one on your shoulder which can get annoying, especially when you transfer hotels as you bounce around. I also had plenty of room to put my purse inside the carry-on bag. It came with a messenger strap that had memory foam but I didn’t use on this trip. The pockets on the inside and outside.
Here’s a look at the purse I took which is from Lo & Sons. They are actually very well-known for the their camera bags and I didn’t get that one since I have a simple camera. Well, now I’m investing in a camera with exchangeable lenses and wish I’d gotten the one which looks like a normal purse but is a camera bag! It’s very cool. I guess this way I get two, so it’s for the best, ha ha. This one switches straps so that it can be a shoulder, cross-body, or even a clutch. It’s made from Saffiano leather which is super durable!
The purse had a section which the website shows as your passport area, pretty great since I have to carry around two and it’s nice to put them away from the rest. You button off this middle par, then use the two zipper sides.
On one I kept my Ray-Bans, and the other was my wallet and camera. The center I kept closed for the most part with all my important stuff in it.
Pin it for later!
Did you enjoy this post? Let me know in the comments or by sharing it with the social media links! I’d love to keep giving you travel tricks & tips so feel free to subscribe by e-mail in the big box below. Don’t forget you can follow me on facebook, twitter, instagram & bloglovin‘.
Join my email list and get exclusive updates & news straight to your inbox.
I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.