Welcome back to This is India! I always have funny/weird stories about India to share with friends or family when I talk to them. This is just meant to be an honest portrayal about my life in India through short anecdotes. I also share here what I’ve been up to online outside Hippie in Heels.
What I was up to other than here:
- I’m back in Goa. It’s amazingly green and I remember now that this is actually one of my favorite times of the year here – but remind me that when I’m complaining about no sunshine in a few weeks!
- If you’re coming to Goa, I have to say we FINALLY just tried the Sunday brunch at the Grand Hyatt and it was amazing. I cannot believe we’ve never been. It’s 1600 Rs for the non-alcoholic option so it’s pretty pricey but for an occasional splurge well worth it. My diet I started when I got back to Goa has failed miserably so far.
- Ben’s got lots of work in Chennai, Pune, and around the coast of Maharashtra. I’ll be going to Bangalore in the next couple weeks for a project as well. But in general we’re around Goa mostly until I leave for my trip to Israel mid-September.
- Of course we brought back suitcases of food and snacks. Ben cannot ration to save his life, so he’s eaten like 24 rice krispy treats and given the dogs all their pig ears. I on the other hand, will allow myself the bare minimum so my snacks last all year haha!
- Filmora asked me to try their video editing software out and I am so obsessed with it. I’d call it the “Canva” of video editing (you know those pretty Pinterest pins that have graphics? bloggers make them with canva because we don’t know how to use photoshop). With Filmora, you can add bokeh effects, lens flares, cute text designs, or even advanced stuff like green screen. It’s user-friendly, (similar interface as iMovie) except offers about 100 exciting effects to use that make videos look cooler. I will definitely be using this with my next goPro video.
Now your story,
If you’re driving around in Panjim, the capital of Goa, you might see a sign that surprises you. Take a really close look…Can’t see because my MI phone takes a blurry photo?! Lol, no worries, I zoomed in for you…
Yep. That’s a real sign! I have no clue if they know what it means. I think they must. It’s been there since I’ve lived here and I can’t imagine a tourist hasn’t told the owners at some point. Plus, it’s an odd way of wording an actual car washing job so I guess they must know! They could deny it though if the police asked so it’s a pretty clever way to become the famous car wash in town.
This is India!
Did you enjoy this post? Let me know in the comments or by sharing it with the social media links! I’d love to keep giving you travel tricks & tips so feel free to subscribe by e-mail in the big purple box below. Don’t forget you can follow me on facebook, twitter, instagram & bloglovin‘.
Join my email list and get exclusive updates & news straight to your inbox.
I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.