Welcome back to This is India! I always have funny/weird stories about India to share with friends or family when I talk to them. This is just meant to be an honest portrayal of my life in India through short anecdotes. I also share here what I’ve been up to online outside Hippie in Heels.
What I was up to other than here:
- Our friends Dom and Massy have been here this week (remember we went to their wedding in Singapore?) It’s been so much fun, on the go, eating everything, and having an awesome beach Christmas.
- I think I’ll do a “this is India” about our Christmas! Coming soon, haha.
- I read A State of Wonder and HIGHLY recommend it! It’s about some doctors going out to a tribe in the Amazon to find out how they get pregnant up till they die of old age – like 80-year-old pregnant people is the norm! It was really cool.
- It’s the end of the year for my blog, and I am happy to say I passed all of my blogging goals. Starting this new year, I haven’t actually made any new goals so I think I’ll sit down this week and try to think what they would be. I want my blog to keep growing and not just get stagnant or boring so am always trying to think of ways to mix it up. I added other writers last year, which was really fun – and took some different trips like snow fun in Finland.
- Next week, I head to a private island off Singapore… I’ll tell you more soon!
Now your story,
I was scrolling Facebook when I saw an ad for a guy called Prateek playing at a new place in Goa called Village Studio, in Parra. I was like “it CAN’T be the same Prateek Kuhad on my Spotify “favorites” playlist can it!?” I googled it and it was. This is basically the most exciting thing ever because I never hear of live music in Goa that I like.
Village Studio is a new place in Parra this season and it’s really done up nicely. I didn’t try the food and for this event, they were serving Bira beer only (I think a partnership just for the event). I had lots of nice wine, though!
It was at 7 PM but everything in India happens later than they say and I think it started around 8 – but we got there early to try and find a seat. We totally failed at that, so stood on the edge. It was still amazing and it was cool to meet other people in Goa that aren’t into trance as much and like a more laid-back place. Anyway, it was so exciting that I wanted to share the song.
Can you believe this was just a $6 cover charge? I have like 300 songs on my favorites playlist and I’m not even sure how he ended up there but I have been singing this song constantly for the last year. It was too cool to see him live. He’s really talented!
This is India!
Join my email list and get exclusive updates & news straight to your inbox.
I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.