Welcome back to This is India! I always have funny/weird stories about India to share with friends or family when I talk to them. This is just meant to be an honest portrayal about my life in India through short anecdotes. I also share here what I’ve been up to online outside Hippie in Heels.
What I was up to other than here:
- I’ve just gotten back to Goa and have been catching up on work. Nothing too cool to share!
Now your story,
I walked upstairs to go to be, only to find the cat barely alive in the corner of the room. It was breathing heavily, eyes were dilated, and it honestly looked like it was dying. We have lost 2 dogs since living in India, so I didn’t have high hopes based on our luck.
It was almost 1 AM so all our usual vets were closed. I found a guy in Mapusa online and he said bring the cat over. After inspection they said it maybe had it’s ribs crushed by an animal or it fell from really high up.
It needed an Xray but nothing would be open until the morning. I could barely sleep afraid I’d wake up to a dead cat. He had fluids and pain medicine but that’s all. In the morning, he looked a little better. I was so happy, but we still took him off to get care as he was clearly still sick.
Now, the funny bit is that the xray shop was for humans! They didn’t have a pet one, apparently? Our vet told us it’s an emergency and called ahead for us to cut in line. We arrived at 9 AM when it opened and about 15 people were there with who knows what (twisted ankle, broken arm?) but we were told to come forward and to those people’s dismay, our cat got xray’d first.
It literally took 2 seconds. We laid the cat down and before the 4 of us left the room (ben, me, ryance, and the technician), he took the xray with NO barriers up. The technician wasn’t even wearing a protective apron. In the US of course, you leave the room and take the xray with a clicker from outside. So, it was hilarious.
So, it came back fine and they said that the guess a cat with a really small tooth bit the cat and the bacteria on the tooth which must have pierced muscles caused a life-threatening infection. So, after 4 days of touch and go, Kitkat was just fine and now is as adorable and funny as ever ;)
This is India!
Did you enjoy this post? Let me know in the comments or by sharing it with the social media links! I’d love to keep giving you travel tricks & tips so feel free to subscribe by e-mail in the big purple box below. Don’t forget you can follow me on facebook, twitter, instagram & bloglovin‘.
Join my email list and get exclusive updates & news straight to your inbox.
I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.