Hawaii is a dream destination for many and most save up years in order to take a two-week holiday there. I tried out a couple different hotels in Honolulu and found the perfect hotel for those looking for where to stay in Honolulu on a budget. Rooms usually go for around 300 per night on Waikiki.
view from my room at VIVE
VIVE Hotel Waikiki ticks all the boxes for me:
- Under $200 USD per night if you book ahead
- 5 minute walk to center of Waikiki beach
- Parking if you rent a car
- Complimentary breakfast & WiFi
- Contemporary boutique style and brand new
- Ocean views for some rooms
The rooms at VIVE hotel
I stayed at the VIVE for two nights in an ocean facing room called Lifestyle Junior Suite which kind of made all the different. Our room was the second to top floor. The room had an insanely comfortable bed, robes and spa quality toiletries, and a living room with a big ass TV that you can hook a HDMI cord up to your computer and stream movies.
As I said, it’s a short walk to the beach. After your complimentary breakfast, you can borrow towels, beach chairs and beach mats for free from the from desk. The only things missing from this hotel is a pool, but Waikiki is all about the beach anyways.
When I read reviews on TripAdvisor before going, some people complained about the A/C being noisy, so I feel I should mention it. I didn’t notice it AT ALL. It is a window A/C so you can hear a quiet hum, but it’s nothing to fret over.
VIVE Hotel contact and booking
- VIVE Hotel Waikiki, 2426 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu
- +1 808 687 2000
- There are no resort fees, and I am trying to remember but i think parking was $15 per night.
- Book Vive hotel here
I was a guest of VIVE Hotel but opinions are always my own.