You won’t believe this but I packed light for New Orleans! It’s the kind of place that you know what you’re going to get up to ahead of time so it’s easy to think about exact outfits that you want; it makes packing for New Orleans a breeze!
I’ll show you my outfits and give you an in-depth list of what to pack for New Orleans!
Packing List for New Orleans
I’m basing this on a 3-day trip since many people come here for the weekend but just add in more if you’re coming longer.
- I wore a tan leather skirt since it was fall, even though it was still 80F!
1 Pair of Denim Shorts
- I had a pair of AMO Denim shorts since we had a morning bike tour
2 Light Jackets (depending on the time of year)
- 1 black North Face raincoat since the forecast said rain the whole time we were there
- 1 jean jacket from Kohls for layering
2 Casual Outfits/PJs for the Hotel
- My Pink Satin Homebodoii PJs
- This sweatshirt and these leggings from Kohls (nice for when the hotel felt a little too cold)
2 Travel outfits for the Airport
- 1 pair of Anatomie leggings
- 2 “Bandada Band” T-shirts from Free People (I love these so much! I have Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, and Tom Petty)
- 1 smaller bag, the woven “Scafati” bag from Patricia Nash (cute because it could work both in summer and fall)
- 1 bigger tote bag to carry everything in
- 1 Yankees Hat – New Orleans can is sunny, especially in the summer, so if you want some extra protection, bring a hat. I had my Yankees hat for the bike tour but wound up not needing it.
- 1 pair of Rayban Wayfarers (or some other sunglasses that I love)
A pair of comfortable walking shoes.
I’m so into the Kari sandal from UGG (it’s my favorite) and have them in three colors. I brought the neutral ones on this trip which have a little bit of shimmer and can be walked in all day and night without your feet hurting. Key for NOLA!
For toiletries, I packed the basics
- Blue Malva Shampoo
- John Frieda Sheer Blonde Conditioner
- It’s a 10 Leave-In Conditioner
- John Frieda Sea Waves
- Clinique Moisture Surge (it’s my favorite)
- Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer
- Laura Mercier Eyebrow Pencil
- Smashbox Concealer
- Benefit Badgal Lash
- Bumble & Bumble Brilliantine
- Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush
- Smashbox Reduce Redness
- Biore Charcoal Mask (other Biore faves here)
- Batiste Dry Shampoo
- Check out my other favorite beauty products.
My Exact Outfits for New Orleans
For More Recent Packing Guides
Pin this post for later!
Join my email list and get exclusive updates & news straight to your inbox.
I will never give away, trade or sell your email address. You can unsubscribe at any time.